OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
To provide leadership to promote an active membership and support, educate and advocate for the community.
WHAT IS THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE?
The Greater Palm Harbor Area Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary organization of business and professional men and women who have joined together for the purpose of promoting the civic and commercial progress of our community.
The area’s economic well-being is related directly to the caliber of work that is done by the Chamber. That is why our Chamber has a major impact on business, income and future growth of the area.
There are two primary functions of a chamber of commerce:
1. It acts as a spokesman for the business and professional community and translates into action the group thinking of its members
2. It renders specific services of a type that an be most effectively rendered by a community organization both to its members and to the community as a whole.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CHAMBER:
* To promote a better understanding of the nations private enterprise system
* To coordinate the efforts of commerce, industry, and the professions in maintaining ans strengthening a sound and healthy business climate in the Greater Palm Harbor area
* To sponsor aggressive programs of work and stimulate activities that will provide for full development and employment of our human and economic resources.
* To provide creative business leadership and effective coordination of all interested parties in solving community problems and in initiating constructive community action.
* To create broad understanding and appreciation of the great opportunities in our area and to promote the advantages and assets of our community with the area, in the state, and in the world.
* To maintain the internal and external capability to meet challenging conditions and challenges while remaining alert to the needs of its membership.
HOW IT OPERATES:
The Board of Directors, the policy making body of the Greater Palm Harbor Area Chamber of Commerce, represents the business and professional leadership of the community. The Board consists of not less than 15 members; one third are elected each year for a three year term.
The Officers, elected by the Board, serve as the Executive Board and Finance committee & may handle business that occurs between Board meetings.
The President/CEO, the Chief Executive Officer is employed by the Board of Directors as an ex-officio Executive Board Member, and advisor to the president & all committees/task forces. The President/CEO supervises the chamber staff and is responsible for carrying out the chamber’s business programs in accordance with Board policies.
WHAT DOES OUR CHAMBER DO?
* Disseminates pamphlets, brochures, maps, & factual data
* Displays members' business cards and information and compiles a relocation inquiry list
* Establishes a link with local, state, and federal governments representing a voice on legislative affairs, taxation, zoning, etc. – We represent our members in dealing with all units of government, protecting the interest of members ad the business community
* Strives for civic improvements to meet the growing needs of the increased population, promoting civic development and civic pride.
* Involved in education in our area. We sponsor an Annual Teachers Appreciation Breakfast, Student of the Month Luncheons, Frank E. Weaner Scholarship, and End of Year School Awards
* Works to educate the public that all their services and needs can be met within our geographical location.
* Provide and enhance cultural activities, including the Bill & Louise Hoskin Visual Arts Scholarship.
* Conducts a monthly Business Coffee Hour, After Hours Business Social, Trade Shows, and publishes a weekly e-newsletter.
HOW IS IT FINANCED?
The Greater Palm Harbor Area Chamber of Commerce, Inc. is financed primarily by the investments of its members. Special projects are also conducted throughout the year such as the Harbor Arts Festival in December, the Citrus Festival in April, and others. The maintenance of an adequate level of support from all business and professional interests in the community is essential to finance the programs that are vital to community growth and development.
REMEMBER... IT DOES NOT “COST” TO BELONG TO YOUR CHAMBER... IT PAYS!!!!
WHY JOIN YOUR CHAMBER?
Your Chamber of Commerce is your salesperson, your voice and watchdog representing your interest in the political arena, promoting your interests by bringing visitors to our area, welcoming them and encouraging them to return, and providing you the opportunity to network and advertise your business. Support your Chamber of Commerce through membership and participation in the activities. We invite you to join one of our committees or task forces. It is important to all business and professional people, and others because it pays real dividends in the form of more business, better living conditions, and a more attractive and desirable community.